Other Cases Requiring Permissions for Lawful Marriage

1. Form M-1 Application for Dispensation, is to be used to request permissions in the following other cases.

   a. When permission is required to celebrate the Catholic canonical form of marriage in a non-Catholic church or another suitable place. [1]

   b. When permission of the local ordinary, which can only be given for a grave and urgent cause, is required for a marriage to be celebrated secretly. [2]

2. The chancery is to be contacted directly when permission of the local ordinary is required for a marriage that will be entered into subject to a past or present condition. [3]

[1] c. 1118 §2.  

[2] cc. 1130-1133.  

[3] c. 1102 §3.

Date approved by Bishop

Posted by
Pending Provincial